MILLIGAN COLLEGE, TN - Milligan College's 2010 Awards Convocation on April 22, was a special day for many Milligan students who were honored for their accomplishments this past year. More than 60 awards and scholarships were announced by the faculty and administration during the annual ceremony.
Arts-related awards include:
• The Outstanding Student Scholarship Award for Music was presented to Shauna Slemp of Fall Branch, Tenn., for having the most consistently exhibited excellence in music courses, ensembles and personal performance.
• The Performing and Visual Arts Outstanding Student Scholarship was awarded to Lacie Black of Jonesborough, Tenn., a fine arts major who has a minimum 3.0 GPA and who has found significant ways to connect to the many facets of Milligan's fine arts program. Abigail Banks of Elizabethton, Tenn., along with Alison Emmert and Melanie Yodkins, both of Johnson City, Tenn., were honored for their contributions to the theatre area.
Other arts-related award recipients include:
• Ty Lee of Springdale Ariz., received the Outstanding Senior Fine Arts Award. Along with excellence in the classroom, this award acknowledges students who have best exemplified what it means to be an artist. Seniors Haylie Black of Plainfield, Tenn., and Will McVey of Portales, N.M., were recognized for their contributions to the Milligan College Theatre Department.
• The Women's Chorale Award was presented to Meghan Daley of Virginia Beach, Va.
• Joel Perry of Salem, Ore., received the Orchestra Award.
• Lydia Parker of Manteno, Ill., was recognized with the Concert Choir Award.